Monday, October 22

nothing says fall like apples



September 30
Cyborg Room
Our jar of guest book stars, all read, cherished, and bottled for safe keeping.


October 1
Living Room
On the floor so Adah and I can share a blanket while she naps and I read. We got a wedding present with a tiny spatula attached to it. Perfect for babies who want to bake!


October 2
Botanical Gardens
Elisabeth took me to lunch and to see the butterflies for my birthday! This guy landed on me and stayed there for a long time! (Also, I'm 30. Wowzers.)


October 3
Cyborg
This is a close up of the handcraft Oma made us as a wedding gift that we got in the mail today. It is a beautiful and detailed runner for our cyborg.


October 4
Lakeside Ballpark
Andy and I took a walk after dinner to the little league field in our neighborhood. I think this guy lives there. The inside is full of leaves and plants. And not like a nice garden.


October 5
So I did take a video on October 5, but I failed to snap a photo. I might have put a substitute here instead, but I didn't even have anything I could use to fake it! I worked at the culinary school this evening for "Edible Arrangements." One woman said, "It must be illegal to have this much fun on a Friday night." I worry about her a little.

October 6
Capital Ale House Oktoberfest
Giant pretzel on my face!


October 7
Martin's
Grocery shopping with Sister and Adah. I get the baby, she gets the food.


October 8
Bedroom
Summer to Winter clothes switch. It's always a little sad to put these colorful patterns away. And then it turns 80 degrees for the next two weeks.


October 9
Carter Mountain Apple Orchard
This little lady was a champion apple picker. This was a first for me and it will probably be a tradition now. We walked away minus one pair of glasses (big bummer) and plus 27 pounds of apples.

All apple picking pictures are here!


October 10
Office
That's the progress of Andy's sweater sleeve. Christmas is going to come fast...


October 11
Butcher Block
What 27 pounds of hand-picked apples look like!


October 12
Botanical Gardens
I went back to the butterflies with Natasha and Molly. This time one landed on Natasha!


October 13
Attic
I had to do a before and after, otherwise it would not be so satisfying. We spent the Saturday cleaning out the attic! 

  

October 14
Richmond Folk Festival
We hopped over for a quick visit to hear Nathan and the Zydeco Cha-Cha's. It was well worth it and I can't believe this was my first time to go to the Folk Festival.


October 15
Sunroom
Z sure wants to drink Andy's beer.


October 16
Truck, Kitchen, Cyborg, Sunroom
The many things to make with 27 pounds of apples: tart, butter, donuts, sauce, cake, dehydrated. I'm a little over apples for the time being.


October 17
WF
I get to watch the sunrise almost every day. Sometimes they are unbelievably neon pink and it makes you stop what you're doing and go appreciate it. It is pretty incredible to see them, only a little less so that it's from inside work.


October 18
Living Room
Adah starting to fall after sitting up by herself!






No comments:

Post a Comment